West River Sailing Club 2018 Boat Parking Rules and Regulations
The privilege of parking a boat(s) on West River Sailing Club grounds is provided from March to February 28 of each calendar year. All WRSC Members who store a boat(s) on WRSC grounds must observe the following rules:
- Submit proof of liability insurance for each one-design trailer/dolly parking space requested and for each dinghy rack space requested
- Keep boat(s), trailer(s)/dolly(s) and boat cover(s) neat and orderly so as to present a good appearance
- Maintain the licensed, road-worthy trailer/vehicle for the removal of my boat from Club grounds
- The boat(s) shall be kept on a licensed road-worthy trailer, or, in the event the licensed trailer is kept elsewhere, on a dolly
- The assigned space or the Club grounds may not be used for major construction or repairs to my boat(s) or trailer(s)
- That WRSC shall not be liable for the loss of, or damage to, said boat(s) or trailer(s)/dolly(s) described below whether such damage or loss is caused by fire, theft, vandalism, or acts of the agents or employees of the WRSC, or any other cause
- Display the WRSC annual parking sticker on the tongue of my trailer/dolly within 21 days of issuance
- Notify WRSC if my boat/trailer/dolly will be off club grounds for a period of 60 days or more and will give WRSC permission to use my space during this period
- Provide WRSC a minimum of 15 days notice as to when my boat/trailer/dolly will return to WRSC
- No more than two owned boats may be stored in the assigned space
- To inform the boat parking chair if storage for a different boat from what my assigned space has registered, and to provide additional proof of liability insurance for this alternate boat. I understand that if the alternate boat is wider than the one on this agreement, I may be charged an additional fee.
- A club member with a boat parking spot may transfer his or her boat to another club member. The new owner may retain the spot upon providing proof of insurance and a $50 transfer fee.
- The club will not extend storage privileges to member-owned, motor-powered vessels.
- To abide by such additional regulations as may be promulgated by WRSC regarding my use of the assigned space
- Members parking boats on club ground are subject to the rules and procedures adopted by the WRSC Executive Board from time to time for evaluating my participation in WRSC programs and activities as the basis for allocating available boat parking. (See WRSC Bylaws for Boat Parking Criteria and Obligations).
- If a boat(s) and trailer(s)/dolly(s) is left on WRSC property without authorization or the owner does not remove his/her boat(s) and/or trailer(s)/dolly(s) from the property within thirty (30) days after this agreement expires or as a result of breach of the parking rules, WRSC may remove the boat(s) and/or trailer(s)/dolly(s) at the boat owner’s expense and re-assign the space.
- Members failing to remove a boat and/or trailer or abandoning same will pay a storage charge of seventy-five dollars ($75.00) a month to WRSC and shall reimburse WRSC for all fees, including attorney’s fees incurred in enforcing this agreement or acquiring title to my boat(s) and/or trailer(s)/dolly(s).
- Members with assigned parking on Club grounds must fulfill both the racing and race committee obligations applicable to that criterion (or, for criteria 6 or 7, the race committee obligations).
|1||Criterion 1. Boat of a WRSC sanctioned class member and a current space holder that has raced in at least 4 days of WRSC races the preceding year.|
|2||Criterion 2. Boat of a sanctioned class member who has been a member of WRSC for less than one racing season and has not had an opportunity to apply for parking.|
|3||Criterion 3. Boat of a WRSC sanctioned class member that has raced in at least 4 days of WRSC races the preceding year.|
|4||Criterion 4. Boat of a WRSC provisional sanctioned class member.|
|5||Criterion 5. Boat of a WRSC sanctioned class member.|
|6||Criterion 6. Boat of a WRSC sanctioned class or a provisional sanctioned class member who does not indicate an intention of being an active racer.|
|7||Criterion 7. Boat of a WRSC non-sanctioned class member.|